Sonntag, 1. Februar 2015

My Top 10 movies

Sonntag, 1. Februar 2015
A movie list for February? 
Okay.


1. Shutter Island
Extremely mind fucking movie, excuse the lack of better words but that´s just how I feel about it. When you watch it for the first time you feel constantly played and betrayed. There is no really knowing on how the film will end until the actual end. However by hindsight you could have seen the  little signs throughout the movie. I got a thrilling, but also hugely annoying feeling by watching this movie just because it confused me so much. But Leo is brilliant as always.

2. Along came Polly
I never got around watching 'Along came Polly' until recently a friend lend it to me. I must say definitely not what I expected and somewhat clichéd boring story, but still could be considered as a classic.

3. Gran Torino
Clint Eastwood is an absolute Genius! Not mere the fact that this movie is an utterly beauty in style, it also has a massive message. The racist aspect is still something we´re dealing with on a daily basis. But Eastwood´s movie is able to turn the banality of a conflict into so much more. Truly touching, may or may not have shed a tear or two.

4. Crank
Well what can I say? I love my action movies. Although I have to point out that I´m not a fan at all of the after effects taken on this movie, especially the constant lettering or split screens. Or the map. Honestly, if they would have left that out it would have been tons better. But nonetheless: Jason Statham is Aces and the permanent speed is nerve racking. A must have seen.

5. My Girl
This movie actually took a tiny piece of my heart. I love the simple style and honesty behind it. The film is so pure, it´s a quite sensitive topic, but yet well interpreted.

6. Skyfall
To be honest, before Skyfall I despised Daniel Craig as the new James Bond. I am just a total Pierce Brosnan Girl and I didn´t like adjusting to a new one. Especially cause he´s blonde. I just didn´t like him at all. You can clearly see my prejudices towards him, which are obviously proven wrong. Skyfall was just an excellent movie and I watched it in the movie theatre twice, because it was that good! Particularly I love the setting in Scotland and finding out more about his family background.
I watched  it over the break and once again was blown away!

7. Die Hard (Series)
Yippie kai yay fother mucker. All I´m saying. Just kidding, but seriously that must have been the best line throughout all of his movies. I recently took the challenge upon me to watch all of them whilst knitting (not sure who else does, but if you do, let me know haha). And once again I was spending my time happily! I am a massive action movie fan and these are just must-watch's!

8. Pulp Fiction
To be honest, in the beginning I wasn´t really sure of what to think about it. I didn´t like John Travolta with long hair and the time jumps confused me. The humor can be pretty dry at times, but I find the jokes hilarious. The stories are simple and a bit clichéd, but Tarantino has a particularly catching way of narrating things. It´s simply a classic.

9. Schindler´s List
Being German comes with some sort of responsibility. The responsibility of our past. My generation did not have to do anything with it, but still it´s our task to present the 'New Germany'. We would discuss WWII in every possible subject in school and sometimes it can get a bit.. frustrating. You think you know everything about it, but you don´t. If you haven´t lived around that time you´ll never know how it really was. I have watched tons of movies about it, it´s really countless. But one that stood out for me as a kid, is Schindler`s List. It was shot in black & white and even though I was just a little kid when I first watched it and didn't really understand everything, it left it´s mark on me. Steven Spielberg did an excellent job. I truly believe this is one of the greatest movies ever made. It´s important that history will never be forgotten and the fact that even in the most horrible times there have been heroes who saved others life.
'The time is always right to do the right thing' - Martin Luther

10. Catch Me If You Can
This must be one of my favorite Leo movies! His acting is so on point, I can´t even try to tell you how obsessed I am with his acting in that movie!! He´s just absolutely brilliant, born to be an actor. The story is so catching  and even though Frank is seemingly the bad guy in this movie you can´t help but like and admire him for his cleverness. I always have a thing for movies based on a true story, they just give it a little more kick.



So these are just some of the movies I´ve watched recently or adored over a long time!
I could never grow out of watching movies, they just mean too much to me.
What are your favorite movies? Let me know! :)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Where We Live © 2014