After I got back to Germany I missed my life in Texas so much, so I decided I will go and visit during my two weeks fall vacation. My best friend from Texas made that sign for me, when she picked me up at the airport! It was super sweet and I was really happy to see her again! It made me realize that I´m always welcomed in her house, which is a nice thing to know that if you don´t know where to go, there´ll always be a place you can go to.
I personally don´t call just one place my "home". I'm home where I am at the moment. It can be a hotel, it can be with friends, it can be with my family, it may be on a ship, everywhere. The people with whom I'm traveling, play a major role.
When I was little we moved often and I was also a year as an exchange student in America. There was always something new to which you have to adapt. Therefore, it is easier to carry around your home with yourself, than to be constantly looking for a place where you feel at home. It might chance over the year that I´ll feel differently about it, but I can only try to explain my current setting. I often say I'm somewhere in between Texas and Germany, in the middle of the ocean. This is simply easier.
The second aspect I associate it with, is the brand "Home is where your heart is.". It was founded by Moritz Hippich in 2009. The brand produces mostly clothes (T-shirts, sweaters, cardigans, etc.), but also bags. In addition, the brand combines the passion for music, because they frequently give concerts in which several bands are playing together and just have a good time, they want to send a message.
Unfortunately I have never been to a concert, but I like what they are trying to achieve and that they believe in their dreams.

Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen