The older I got, the less my birthdays meant something to me. Sure, it's nice when others think of you... But all this hoopla around it, is not so my thing. For example, the thing with the gifts. Although I find it super nice when others give me something, but at the same time I also think that it would not have been necessary. When I want really something, then I save it for it. And then I can afford it by myself .. but if you will always be gifted by others and they do everything for you, then you forget that you have to fight for your own dreams and that they can´t transfer to any other.
I guess I was just raised to be independent. But I like it like that! :)
To celebrate birthdays, means to grow up. Well in itself it´s quite logical, because with each passing year, a birthday is added. But I do not refer to the obvious, but more what you learn from celebrating your birthday. When we were little, most of us have organized a fun children's birthday party. Everything was colorful and we got lots of gifts. I had my last real Slumber Party when I turned 13. I think that was the last time that I had my birthday with a bigger celebration. Most of my birthdays I spend outside of my home, three in the U.S. (there were also my last two) and a couple in Salzburg, Austria. It´s just that I don´t really care about turning older each year. It just happens.. not that I did anything great to it. Actually you should celebrate your mom on your birthday because it´s due to her (and of course your dad) that you saw the light of this world!
Don´t get me wrong, I do enjoy growing up very much and everything that comes along with it, like getting a job, etc. But I just wish I had more time! I feel like every day is passing by so quickly, like time would not matter anymore.
I miss those days where I actually did not want to take a nap at noon and they seemed to never end! I had a really lovely childhood. I was just a crazy kid running around, a silly joker. But yeah.. I used to be so careless haha, I miss it!
But that´s just the circle of life. We´ll be growing up. With each birthday passing by. Whether we like it or not.

Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen