Samstag, 25. Mai 2013

We won´t sell Kinder chocolate eggs in the interest of child safety

Samstag, 25. Mai 2013



I don´t know if that picture even needs an explanation, it basically says it all, but I still want to share my opinion. I´m absolutely against every possibility that allows a children to have a gun, especially if it´s given as a toy.
I have lived in America (Texas) for one year and I learned that some of them have a special view on things. Especially once it comes to their personal rights. I really do understand that they want to be able to protect themselves and their kids and that the past showed that cases like that come once in a while.
It´s one thing to own a gun as an adult. It´s one thing to be responsible about a weapon and be aware of the right that EVERYBODY is able to get them without even a license needed.
But it is another thing to allow kids to use weapons! How many accidents have there already been, where a child shoots one of their siblings. I´m pretty sure that is not what they wanted. Weren´t the shootings we had enough? Winnenden, Denver, Ohio, how many wake up calls do we need?

It´s common sense that a mass shooting is more likely to happen if everybody and I mean just EVERYBODY is able to get a weapon. I´m not saying you can prevent shootings completely by passing a law which outlaws guns, but maybe than not everybody will have an easy possibility and start a shooting.

I think the reason, why not every country has stricter rules about owning guns are based on economy. The arms industry is a gold mine in the truest sense of the word, thereby an incredibly huge amount of money is generated. And a lof of the country´s economies are based on arms trade. So again, money is all that counts.

I am not judging people who want to protect themselves, but just think about it, if you are able to get a gun, than everybody is able to as well, is that decreasing the chance to get hurt? 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Where We Live © 2014