I´m sorry I´m not really good at summarys, because I always tend to assume that people can guess what I think, but this is not the case, so yeah sorry about that.
The perks of being a wallflower is seriously one of my most favorite books. It is about making connections, it is unpredictable that´s what makes it special. What distinguishes this book from others is that it is written in personal letters by Charlie to a virtual friend, but he sends them anyway.
I think everybody can relate to it because probably everybody has once in a while a start of something new - in this case high school. Personally, I could not stop reading, it was just super exciting and I got addicted to it. Through his first high school year, Charlie is finding new friends and tries to find himselves. He does a lot of stupid things (as for example he takes LSD , but really great things as well. He is very mature and intelligent for his age, but sometimes he gets manipulated or just doesn´t know any better. Anyway through his freshman year he falls in love with his new best friend step sister, Sam. She is everything he is looking for, but too shy to ask. By missing the chance to ask her out (because he got asked out before by an other girl and was to polite to refuse), he has to watch her getting a boyfriend and living her life without him. Charlie does not approve of Sam´s new boyfriend, because he thinks he doesn´t treat her properly.
Charlie is a really interesting character. He has not just one side, but shows a lot of himself.
What makes him so special is that he sees everything and turns everything into thoughts about life. Since he was younger, he has repeatedly mental break downs due to his aunt, because he thinks that she is dead because of him. At the ends he ends up in a hospital due to his mental instability. Even if he does not have the power to choose where he comes from, Charlie will choose where he goes in the future.
My favorite scene of the book is when Charlie sits in the car with patrick and Sam and Patrick and they listen to a random song which all of them love but they can´t put their fingers on how the song is called. In that scene Charlie says „ I feel infinite“.
My favorite quote of the book: „We accept the love we think we deserve“. I couldn´t have said it any better. If a friend of you ever gets cheated on, say this sentence to her or him. If you are in a relationship, the most of you think that you are in love. But are you truly? Do you think, of all 7 billion people existing on earth, you found THE ONE? Your only love? Well unless you haven´t tried them all, I don´t think that´s the case most of time.
But maybe you don´t find the right guy or girl. But I´m sure that you have your parents or your friends who love you. It may not always seem to you as it is the case, but they love you as much as possible. But that´s the thing, if you decide for yourself that you deserve to be loved and you deserve to be treated right, than I´m 100 percent sure you will notice things which will absolutely prove this point and you will start to accept the love you think you deserve.
They also made a movie to it and it is incredible!! Seriously, that´s one of these movies, after watching you just think "this changed my life". Now, I see things with a different perspective and it´s just all in all inspiring! Well and I am a massive Emma Watson fan, obviously this movie is great haha (; But she is just incredibly talented and so gorgeous!
Anyways, here´s the trailer, just give it a go and share your opinion about it with me or leave it in the comments below (:
They also made a movie to it and it is incredible!! Seriously, that´s one of these movies, after watching you just think "this changed my life". Now, I see things with a different perspective and it´s just all in all inspiring! Well and I am a massive Emma Watson fan, obviously this movie is great haha (; But she is just incredibly talented and so gorgeous!
Anyways, here´s the trailer, just give it a go and share your opinion about it with me or leave it in the comments below (:
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen