I am not very 'into' political aspects, but I am curious about what happens in the world. To keep up with the news while being away I have several Apps on my phone, such as 'Focusonline', 'CNN', 'SPON', 'Die Zeit', 'stern', etc.. But the last couple of weeks (and many other times through this year) I felt like being bombarded with terrible news everyday. Every morning when I would look at my cell phone to see my Push messages I was instantly put into a bad mood hearing about a 'shooting' here and a 'stabbing' there. Sometimes I didn´t even dare to glance at my phone when it vibrated, afraid of what awful scoops where next. It just got to a point where I constantly worried over everything, because the thing is that all they ever seem to post is disasters and scandals. Apparently that´s the only thing people are interested in hearing these days.
Spreading positive vibes became so rare these days, it´s revolutionary.
About one and a half years ago I went to a talk by Rolf Dobelli and listened (among other topics) to his 'News Diet'. Let me tell you, he´s absolutely brilliant! The way he puts his words is absolutely stunning. My whole family went to hear him and even several months afterwards we still brought him up in daily conversations or we recommend him to friends.
Basically, he puts it in a nutshell how toxic media can be for our body. I just felt under pressure to make the right decision and to constantly put peoples well-being over my own. I grew addicted to create solutions of other people problems.
And one day I just couldn´t do it anymore. It was like a media overload.
Accumulating facts DOES NOT help me to understand the world and it certainly doesn´t help me to make better decisions.
And this is exactly what I did, I deleted all my news-Apps and I´m definitely feeling better.
If anything is stressing you out, do something about it. Don´t let little things ruin your day.

Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen