Sometimes it´s not necessary to go far away to see beautiful things. A couple of days ago, my sisters host mum from America flew to Germany to visit us and we decided to show her some of the wonderful places around here! Well actually it´s not really "around here" since I live close to frankfurt and the lake constance is well.. around constance, but it´s closer to frankfurt than to America anyway (;
That is the beautiful seaside! Well actually it should be lakeside.. but that just sounds well.. I´ll leave it with seaside haha
This spot is in Constance itself, but you can find many similar spots all around the lake. They are great if you just want to relax. Watching the water always calmed me and I love to take a book or something to draw with me. After two hours all your problems are solved (:
This song used to be one of my favorites back in the days and it kind of fits :)
And another plus of the lake is that my grandma lives in a little city called Radolfzell and her house is not even half a mile away from the lake! I used to spend my summer at her house all the time when I was little! So I grew up loving it!
That is the beautiful seaside! Well actually it should be lakeside.. but that just sounds well.. I´ll leave it with seaside haha
This spot is in Constance itself, but you can find many similar spots all around the lake. They are great if you just want to relax. Watching the water always calmed me and I love to take a book or something to draw with me. After two hours all your problems are solved (:
This song used to be one of my favorites back in the days and it kind of fits :)
The two pictures above are taken in the lovely city Meersburg! As the name says it´s right next to the lake! It´s a beautiful old city with the famous style of houses! It has everywhere cute little restaurants, café´s or little gift shops!
What I love about this city (more likely a village) that each house is unique! There is no way two houses next to each other look like the same! (At least when they aren´t build recently). It´s refreshing, because I happened to notice that in America it´s not a rare sight, a couple of houses looking exactly the same. That´s why I love going into older cities in Europe :)
This is probably one of the most interesting villages in the world! These are called stilt houses and they are build on stems. The wonderful and remarkable thing about them is that they are completely made out of natural resources! The construction time goes back to the Bronze Age and even the Stone Age!
They offer a guided tour, well usually I´m not to fond of guided tours or museums in general, but I have to say that this tour was extraordinary! The guide was very professional and had an amazing way to bring the old ages to us! What the people back in these Ages did was absolutely remarkable! They achieved work we could never even dream of accomplishing! I learned that their normal needed calories demanded about 11 Big Mac´s!!! And I wouldn´t call that normal these days!
All in all, once in a while it´s nice to have some cultural refreshment and to see some lovely places :) It´s not my last time that I´ll be seeing this lake, that´s for sure!
That´s just a picture I took on my way home to Frankfurt.. I just love the fields and I´m a massive sucker for sunsets :)






Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen