Donnerstag, 18. Juli 2013

Breathing for Moments In Time

Donnerstag, 18. Juli 2013
I always have been a massive fan of quotes. I just think that they exist for a reason, obviously. I mean we read them and think "wow that actually is true", but what the real challenge here is to actually live by them. I think I don´t even know a handful of people who actually live by a quote. But to be honest, I think they are inspiring! Because they are being honest and truthful with themselves. The quote or motto might not suit or appeal everybody but if someone choses to life by them they become powerful. They lead you to where you want to be in your life, because it´s your choice to life by them.
I wish I actually could really live by my favorite ones, but maybe I am still too unexperienced to do so.

Anyways I was thinking about a couple of quotes and I wanted to share my thoughts.

The probably most popular quote anybody could live by must be YOLO. I think even in the older generations most of the people have heard about it. It might sound stupid when you say it and it´s probably used for bad reasons most of the time or as an excuse.. but if you actually think about it, you truly only live once! Why don´t make it the best time in your life? It´s not like you are getting any seconds back. Just make the best out of it, because it´s your life.

Another one I just recently saw was Collect moments not things. That´s officially one of my favorite quotes now. Because it´s so true! Sometimes you just go out in the world and buy stuff or take pictures of things you think are important to you.. but maybe after some time you realize, it´s not the things what make your life special and worth it. It´s the moments you share with your loved ones. A beautiful or horrible moment will burn into your soul forever. But I´m not so sure if the newest cell phone will.

One of my best friends dad celebrated his 50th birthday this spring. He hold a speech talking about his life with his wife and his children. He remembered the day he got married and that his father set him free to the marriage with a quote: Way is, who forgives others to be different. I have never once forgotten this quote and I find it extremely beautiful. I already passed down this quote a couple of times to people I care about because I think you can take so much out of this quote and you could let it possibly change your life. Just the sentence itself is amazing. There are so many people trying to be way through reading a lot of books or watching a lot of movies. But I think the only true way to be way and in center with yourself is to see how you treat others and your loved ones. We need to learn to accept the others for who they are, not for what we want them to be. And I think that truly represents love if you can forgive others to be different.

Well my last quote for tonight is out of one of my favorite books which I already introduced on this blog.. jupp it´s The Perks of being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbowsky. In the book there is this moment when Charlie tries to comfort Sam about her love life and he is saying We Accept the Love We Think We Deserve. 
If we are honest to ourselves, most of the people probably question themselves about "how do I deserce this, how do I deserve you?" Because usually people have insecurities and think that they are not good enough to get certain things. That´s why it´s so hard for some people to accept their luck in life and to see, realize and accept things or love. It´s our nature to put ourselves down, just in case it might be true.

This quote might be a tad bit sad, but at least it´s an honest one. Maybe we all can have peace with ourselves and learn to accept the things which are good for us.

So that´s it for tonight, but be sure to read a couple more quotes or life lines here and there! :)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Where We Live © 2014