Well a couple of days ago, me, my family and some friends from America visit a couple of cities in Germany. And here is the next one I want to write about! It´s Heidelberg!!
This is probably one of the prettiest cities in Germany or Europe I have ever been to!
It is located as one of the larger cities in south-west Germany. There are still a lot of old buildings, because luckily this city wasn´t bombed much in WW2. My favorite houses are the timbered ones. I just think they look absolutely beautiful and it reminds of what life was like as a kid because I loved to look at houses like that and apparently I still do haha.
First we took some sort of railway up the hill to visit the castle or what is left of it! I have to say the view from the castle down on the city is absolutely breath taking!!
We actually were witness of a wedding and I though it was a cute idea to get married in castle Heidelberg! Although I have to say the couple didn´t look really happy, sorry :(
Apart from ruins you can see the wine cellar which contains centuries-old wine (crazy to imagine right?) and an old pharmacy where you can buy little gifts.
We had lunch at a cute little beer garden which is a typical thing for Germany haha.
Afterwards we walked a little bit through the city and just relaxed with a nice ice in the hand :)
Oh and we visit the student prison!! They used to put college students in there when they have been naughty. And these lovely student used their time wisely and decided to paint or write on the walls in the prison. Now it´s a tourism's attraction and I have to say some things written are just hilarious!!:D
Haha the last picture just cracks me up!!:D The cuss words back that time weren´t that creative either as ours are!:D
Anyways I had fun writing this, because I love looking back at things and remembering them!
I´ll just leave with a random picture of the ride home :)
This is probably one of the prettiest cities in Germany or Europe I have ever been to!
It is located as one of the larger cities in south-west Germany. There are still a lot of old buildings, because luckily this city wasn´t bombed much in WW2. My favorite houses are the timbered ones. I just think they look absolutely beautiful and it reminds of what life was like as a kid because I loved to look at houses like that and apparently I still do haha.
First we took some sort of railway up the hill to visit the castle or what is left of it! I have to say the view from the castle down on the city is absolutely breath taking!!
We actually were witness of a wedding and I though it was a cute idea to get married in castle Heidelberg! Although I have to say the couple didn´t look really happy, sorry :(
Apart from ruins you can see the wine cellar which contains centuries-old wine (crazy to imagine right?) and an old pharmacy where you can buy little gifts.
We had lunch at a cute little beer garden which is a typical thing for Germany haha.
(You can´t really tell in the picture, but there is a river right through the city which is a major plus (; )
Oh and we visit the student prison!! They used to put college students in there when they have been naughty. And these lovely student used their time wisely and decided to paint or write on the walls in the prison. Now it´s a tourism's attraction and I have to say some things written are just hilarious!!:D
Haha the last picture just cracks me up!!:D The cuss words back that time weren´t that creative either as ours are!:D
Anyways I had fun writing this, because I love looking back at things and remembering them!
I´ll just leave with a random picture of the ride home :)





Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen